Bring yourselves, bring your friends, bring your grandparents and come draw with us. No artistic experience necessary – anyone can doodle!
Established in 2005 by Los Angeles-based artists Sarah Rara and Luke Fischbeck, Sumi Ink Club produces collaborative community drawings and murals, organised by anyone at any time.
Sumi Ink Club follows these basic guidelines:
– Free and open to the public of all ages
– Everyone uses the same materials (brushes and ink, or equivalent)
– Everyone works on the same drawing surface
– Anyone can add to anyone else’s drawing
– Move around the drawing, don’t get stuck in one spot!
This event takes place as part of Essex Book Festival’s PLACE weekend in Colchester, Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 March, and is part of Firstsite’s Family Learning programme.